OR send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be in touch!
Did not leave much behind. No Suicide note. Got rid of almost everything.
Mom found my card that he had kept.
She told me about the very end. I told her about the weeks before.
Package for me at the Legion. From his mom.
His cell phone. Note from mom.
"Get it to a Veteran."
Some Sons of the American Legion were heading up to Yuba County fairgrounds to connect with the Commander of the Paradise Legion Post.
The phone will be given to a burned out Veteran.
And a bit of her son will be in Paradise.
American Legion Post 119
Only Kindness, Inc. has been serving the homeless and at risk of homelessness population of El Dorado county for a number of years.
Since July of 2014, in collaboration with Veterans organizations, a separate Veterans fund has been established. In addition to helping Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, the following services are being provided:
We are honored to be working with Veterans and their families to provide needed services. For an intake to see if you qualify for those services - call 621-5146. We look forward to hearing from you and sincerely thank you for your service to our country.
The Veterans Outreach project is aimed at reaching Veterans who may be in need of behavioral health services. This population was identified as an underserved group during the Community Program Planning process.
Services provided under this project may include, but may not be limited to:
• Outreach to Veterans and families particularly those who are homeless or involved in the criminal justice system
• Outreach Workers will perform intake interviews and assessments for inclusion into the local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and to evaluate the immediate needs for referral to the Unmet Needs Team
• Provide linkage to needed resources, including behavioral health, physical health, housing, or other services, and follow-up to ensure linkages were successful
• Provide referrals to Behavioral Health for Veterans who exhibit symptoms, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Service Connected Disability Benefit Application Assistance/Referrals
• Document processing including Civilian and Military ID’s
The project will also allow for ancillary supports to Veterans and families including, but not necessarily be limited to assistance with housing costs, transportation, phones, food and emergency shelter.
• Provide outreach and linkage to services for approximately 100 Veterans and families annually
• Develop a single point of entry for homeless Veterans to receive needed services
• Assist Veterans to secure permanent and affordable housing
• Reduce the number of homeless Veterans in our community
Take that first step to Stability for you and your family....
Come down and get an intake completed to get
the services you deserve at
El Dorado Veteran Resources
~ A Permanent Stand Down ~
Located at the Veterans Memorial Hall Building on Placerville Drive
Honoring and Empowering Veterans
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM
No-cost resources, emergency shelter, food, transportation/fuel assistance, clothing, household items, peer support, yoga & qi gong, referrals to housing assistance, SSI, VA Benefits, Physical & Behavioral Health services & more!