Need a last minute gift?
Or a year-end write off?
Consider a Tax Deductible gift to
It equals a gift to our community...
EMERGENCY WINTER SHELTER
November through April
Federated - Saturday night
Foothills United Methodist -Monday
Transport from The Upper Room on Broadway (5pm +/-)
December to April (tbd)
First Come, First Serve
7 nights/wk/6pm - 7am
1201 Emerald Bay Rd/SLT
More info: www.tahoehomeless.org
I must have been channeling him. A friend wanted to go to In and Out Burger. I had never heard of Animal Style, but there was this one kid, a Veteran...
The family renting him a room, kept calling. The door is locked. He is not eating. He's in the fetal position when he is out. Had the sheriff come out for a wellness check. Kept working with him.
Then a miracle. The family of his child's mother contacted him. "We want our daughter's son to have a father." He was going to move to the Northern Sacramento Valley. Made sure he knew about the Chico Vet Center.
Time to eat. 'What do you want?"
In and Out Burger. He ordered French fries. Animal style.
Been wondering how he was doing.
Got a text this morning.
"They made a movie about my life. Sgt. Will Gardner. I have a bit part in it."
Looked it up. TBI? Check. PTSD? Check. Reuniting with the kid and birth mom? Check. Listed in the credits for his bit part? Check.
Gary Sinise is involved. Benefiting Veterans.
Coming out this January.
Believe in miracles.
American Legion Post 119
The Veterans Outreach project is aimed at reaching Veterans who may be in need of behavioral health services. This population was identified as an underserved group during the Community Program Planning process.
Services provided under this project may include, but may not be limited to:
• Outreach to Veterans and families particularly those who are homeless or involved in the criminal justice system
• Outreach Workers will perform intake interviews and assessments for inclusion into the local Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and to evaluate the immediate needs for referral to the Unmet Needs Team
• Provide linkage to needed resources, including behavioral health, physical health, housing, or other services, and follow-up to ensure linkages were successful
• Provide referrals to Behavioral Health for Veterans who exhibit symptoms, including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
• Service Connected Disability Benefit Application Assistance/Referrals
• Document processing including Civilian and Military ID’s
The project will also allow for ancillary supports to Veterans and families including, but not necessarily be limited to assistance with housing costs, transportation, phones, food and emergency shelter.
• Provide outreach and linkage to services for approximately 100 Veterans and families annually
• Develop a single point of entry for homeless Veterans to receive needed services
• Assist Veterans to secure permanent and affordable housing
• Reduce the number of homeless Veterans in our community
We are honored to be working with Veterans and their families to provide needed services. For an intake to see if you qualify for those services - call 621-5146. We look forward to hearing from you and sincerely thank you for your service to our country.
Winter Vacation Hours
The Substation for Face to face appointments will be closed on December 27th & 28th, 2018
and again on
January 3rd & 4th, 2019.
We will resume face-to-face appointments on
January 10th, 2019.
Phones will still be monitored.
Call us at 530.344.1864
We hope you are able to spend some time with those you love during this season.
OR send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll be in touch!
Only Kindness, Inc. has been serving the homeless and at risk of homelessness population of El Dorado county for a number of years.
Since July of 2014, in collaboration with Veterans organizations, a separate Veterans fund has been established. In addition to helping Veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, the following services are being provided:
Take that first step to Stability for you and your family....
Come down and get an intake completed to get
the services you deserve at
El Dorado Veteran Resources
~ A Permanent Stand Down ~
Located at the Veterans Memorial Hall Building on Placerville Drive
Honoring and Empowering Veterans
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 4 PM
No-cost resources, emergency shelter, food, transportation/fuel assistance, clothing, household items, peer support, yoga & qi gong, referrals to housing assistance, SSI, VA Benefits, Physical & Behavioral Health services & more!
Copyright © Only Kindness, Inc.. All rights reserved. Mailing Only Corporate Office Address: 676 Canal Street/Placerville, CA 95667 - This is NOT a client visit address. We are a mobile operation in El Dorado County! CALL us at 530.344.1864 for a face to face appointment. Accounting Office: 23501 Skyview Terrace/Los Gatos, CA 95033